Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

John Aaron and I are hitting the road bright and early at 6 A.M. tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with our families. Tomorrow we will eat at my very favorite restaurant, Posados, in Shreveport, do a little shopping (woo!) and drive five more hours to New Orleans Thursday morning to spend Thanksgiving with John Aaron's family. We will be there until Saturday night, drive to Shreveport Saturday night and leave Sunday after lunch to go back to Tennessee. My sweet ER nurse friend in our Sunday School class told me that we need to stop every couple of hours so I can walk around....apparently, you can get blood clots if you're sitting too long when you're pregnant....scary! Anyways, we are so excited to see our families....and I can't wait to eat at Posados!!! I've been talking about it for months :)

This time next week we will (hopefully) know the gender of our baby!! I have an appointment on December 1st at 11:30 and John Aaron and I are so excited. We will definitely let everyone know as soon as we find out!!!! I cannot wait! We have our baby names picked out already so I will go ahead and reveal those....Emma Joy or Levi Aaron. I am so excited about decorating the baby's room and being able to call him or her by their name!

John Aaron has a full MAN beard, if you've seen some of our recent pictures. We are having a Beard Auction at our BCM on November 30th to raise money for our summer missionaries. This is how it works....The boys grow out their beards for the month of November and at the auction, students buy someone's beard and whoever buys the beard, gets to shave the beard however they want. Then, the student has to walk around campus with their beard all crazy for 24 hours. I am hoping to buy John Aaron's so he can shave it all off!! A group of students are threatening me that they are going to buy it and give him a Hitler mustache.....ugh. I hope that doesn't happen.

John Aaron has been playing intramurals with the BCM team, here is a peek at his volleyball skills and his beard!



2 comments:

Kristen T said...

Emily, I am so excited ya'll are finding out the sex! I love your names! We find out Friday, Dec 4! Hope you have been feeling well! Happy Thanksgiving!

Emily said...

You're not going to believe this... we picked out Levi Allen as our boy name! I never hear of Levi's!!! We thought it would be cute if our boys have the same initials,LAB. Luke Andrew Bass and Levi Allen Bass! It must be a really great name though!
Our girl name is Molly Claire. It will be so exciting for you to find out! We still have about 10 more weeks till we will meet our little one! I can't wait for the surprise!